Blu-ray with standad HD ready LCD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I did a search for this and couldn't find a definitive answer. I have a 32" HD Ready set, it's the Toshiba 32WLT66, and am in the market for a DVD upgrade. My original thoughts were to go for a Cyrus (to match the hi-fi), although this may be slightly out of budget. 1. Is it worth considering a blu-ray player or is there no point with my current TV (the TV dosen't support 24fps as far as I'm aware)? 2. Or would I be better plumping for say a £300 SD DVD player? Any advice appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Well, anything but a PS3 - I do like to go out and have an inherent fear of games consoles or more like the time they consume :) . The question relates more to whether a blu-ray player would be worth investigating for my current TV, or would it be worse? I guess I will demo any kit but I'd like to knwo first whether it's best to rule out blu-ray or SD DVD from the off.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I use the Panasonic BD30 with my 32" Panasonic 32LXD700. It is not 24fps compatible and yes on blu ray films I do notice the judder. Personally it doesn't ruin the film but would be better if the judder wasn't there. However, the extra definition available outweighs the judder problems IMO and I do enjoy watching blu ray.

The other advantage of the BD30 is that it upscales DVD to 720p which makes them look better. I tried setting the BD30 to output at 480/560 to allow the tele to do the upscaling but found that the BD30 did a better job.

So, I would recommend the BD30 as a good upscaler and excellent blu ray player and costs £300.

As you say, a demo would be good for you and I think you will find blu ray worthwhile even with the judder.

TRENDING THREADS