blu ray upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
help please, i have a sony s500 blu ray player (the one with thew drop down draw)and want to upgrade. Am i going to get better picture and sound from a sony 380. have been reluctant to get rid of this player because the biuld quality seems to be far better than the new sony's.

A

Anonymous

whats a matter noreview to quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
If you're not fussed about online functionality and BD Live, I'd suggest looking at a second hand Denon DVD-2500BT. They're virtually bomb proof, so I wouldn't let the fact it would be second hand put you off. If you search the forum you'll find recent threads discussing this particular BDP.

In terms of sound and picture quality it's noticeably better than the Sony BDP-S370; and the 380 isn't supposed to offer a tangible improvement over the 370 anyway.

One forum member in particular, who buys and tests BDPs as a hobby, thinks the 2500 is still the best Blu-ray player he's used.

strapped for cash said:
One forum member in particular, who buys and tests BDPs as a hobby, thinks the 2500 is still the best Blu-ray player he's used.
TBH, I was genuinely surprised when this claim was made. I've never ever heard of such a weird & expensive hobby! :) I would love to see the member's feedback profile on eBay.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I bought a Oppo BDp 83 used recently (mint and multi region) and it kills anything under a budget at the moment in terms of picture and sound. Any sony model or panasonic player and the Denon transport player. I picked one of this for £275.....bargain in my eyes, overapyed in some others

Get the new Oppo, as I'm so impressed with this machine I can only imagine what the new Oppo is like

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
strapped for cash said:
TBH, I was genuinely surprised when this claim was made. I've never ever heard of such a weird & expensive hobby! :) I would love to see the member's feedback profile on eBay.

I can think of stranger and even more expensive hobbies; though it's certainly beyond my means! The advice from this member was much appreciated from my end. Just thought I'd pass along their advice...
smiley-smile.gif

michael hoy

Garth Man said:
I bought a Oppo BDp 83 used recently (mint and multi region) and it kills anything under a budget at the moment in terms of picture and sound. Any sony model or panasonic player and the Denon transport player. I picked one of this for £275.....bargain in my eyes, overapyed in some others

Get the new Oppo, as I'm so impressed with this machine I can only imagine what the new Oppo is like

I have seen and heard the Oppo 95, it is good but does not blow my Denon 2500BT out of the water for PQ and SQ.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I had the Denon 2500BT, it was good. Built like a tank!!! That was it really....I sold that and purchased the Oppo instead, and I prefer the PQ by a mile, especially with DVD.

but that's my preference

Denon though, has had hardly any updates and I was having problems with some new discs

shame really

A

Anonymous

KiwiMoto said:
LMAO! I think we're all guilty of buying-testing-selling for a hobby,just some tests last longer than others :)

I'll second that!
smiley-cool.gif

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Garth Man said:
Denon though, has had hardly any updates and I was having problems with some new discs

shame really

I'm yet to find a Blu-ray title that wouldn't play on the 2500; and I've been through many discs, including very recent releases. Perhaps this was more of an issue when the player was relatively new to the market?

I'm awaiting delivery of the Taxi Driver Blu-ray, which by all accounts is a stunning transfer of the film. As this will be the newest Blu-ray I've bought, hopefully I won't experience problems with playback.

michael hoy

strapped for cash said:
Garth Man said:

shame really

I'm yet to find a Blu-ray title that wouldn't play on the 2500; and I've been through many discs, including very recent releases. Perhaps this was more of an issue when the player was relatively new to the market?

I'm awaiting delivery of the Taxi Driver Blu-ray, which by all accounts is a stunning transfer of the film. As this will be the newest Blu-ray I've bought, hopefully I won't experience problems with playback.

Not found any that do not play on my 2500 either, using latest version 1.122 of the firmware.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I must of been unlucky with me ex one...still prefer the oppo though

agree taxi Driver looks amazing. Love the digipack packaging also

TRENDING THREADS