Blu ray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi there this may be a question for the what hi fi team or anyone that has this particular model. I am interested in the Yamaha BDS 1900 Blu ray player ,and what I would like to know is if this can be got for a good price is it worth buying. i will probably be told to go with the usual suspects of current players, but i like the look of this one and i was just wondering is the original price the MAJOR stumbling block or is it just not very good.

Thanks

Ronnie

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Bluboy,

This is only a 3 **** blu-ray player. The review is right here on this site.

Is there a particular reason why you are thinking of this player when there are superior and cheaper alternatives?

Ronald

A

Anonymous

I know i read it but I am wondering is it three star because of the price or is it just rubbish. It just looks good it looks like a proper piece of kit I am not really liking these slim line jobs look too flimsy to me. I like things with a bit of meat to the bones not really into size eights if you know what I mean. Having said that if its really rubbish I won't bother wasting my money.

Thanks

Ronnie

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

Obviously demo and read the review, but if trying to compare amps at different prices based on the WHF review I think they advise the stars are per pound.

So 5* product at £200 is the same as a 3* product at £333,.33 (5 x 200 = 3 x 333.33). Based on that you should be able to get the points Yamaha was awarded and compare it to other reviewed players to get a shortlist.

Bluboy:
hi there this may be a question for the what hi fi team or anyone that has this particular model. I am interested in the Yamaha BDS 1900 Blu ray player ,and what I would like to know is if this can be got for a good price is it worth buying. i will probably be told to go with the usual suspects of current players, but i like the look of this one and i was just wondering is the original price the MAJOR stumbling block or is it just not very good.

Thanks

Ronnie

Hi Ronnie

Yamaha's BD-S1900 is an excellent player. The BD-S1900 is a player i do well with. I have also used the BD-S1900 almost constantly now for nine months with Pioneer Kuro screens and with amplification such as Yamaha's own DSP-Z11 and Chord electronics DSP8000/SPM3005. This despite having access to numerous other players costing many times more then the BD-S1900.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts