blu ray player audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have a surround sound set up that i'm happy with for now but it is a few years old

as such the amp does not have an hdmi input

i'm about to purchase my first blu ray player and obviously want to use it with my system

am i right in saying what i need therefore is a blu ray player that decodes the audio onboard and then outputs it via a multi channel output?

if so can anyone recommend a player that will do the job for under £250

cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, the Sony doesn't have multichannel analogue outs. Assuming the OP's receiver has the requisite multichannel analogue inputs, something like the Panasonic DMP-BD85 looks like a safe bet, and can still be found for around the £150 mark.

A

Anonymous

Yes, there is no much choice in that price class. Except if you want to take a chance with Philips BDP9500 that use Burr Brown decoder, but it may have other issues. By some distributors you may also find Yamaha BD-S1065 in range.

Did you notice any difference in CD/MP3 or other sound performance over analogue connection between DMP-BD80 and DMP-BD85?

A

Anonymous

Its better to have 2 high grade outputs then crappy 5.1. All the material is originaly recorded in 2 channels, so all the rest is fabricated sound only.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts