blu-ray or dvd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all and merry christmas.

Having opened all presents,i would like to have your views on whether i should go for either:-

pioneer bdp 51fd blu ray or

pioneer dvlx 50 dvd

At present have denon 1930 dvd player and pioneer lcd tv and at moment i cant see point in blu ray as films and players are at a premium price to dvd.

I like your views thanks.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Blu-ray by a mile. Yes the prices of the discs are higher but you can always rent them from the likes of lovefilm and limit your purchases to favourites and classics.

A

Anonymous

Get the bluray player my friend. Once you've watched a couple you'll be well impressed. Got the 51fd myself and am very happy with it. If you would rather pay less I'm sure the Panny or Sony would suffice. Got the Wall-e, Hancock and Band of Brothers blurays for Xmas so I've got a busy time ahead.

A

Anonymous

It rather depends on how much you are going to drop on the unit and how long you imagine you are going to have it for. For instance anything over £100 that you want to have for a number of years (say 2 years upwards) then I would say, surely, get the Blu Ray.........

Sure the player is a more expensive outlay...... but if we were to divide the cost into how much use you will get out of it then the Blu Ray becomes better value for money as DVD is on the verge of obscelence.......

As for the discs.... bear in mind that Blu Ray can still play DVD (it is backwards compatible....) so you would have the choice - say if you saw a DVD bargain... or were faced with the choice of film, that was both on DVD and Blu Ray, where you could not care about picture quality - to still buy the cheaper disc......

Finally do not be short sighted enough to believe that the discs will always be so pricey..... they are at a premium now, but as the players become more widely rolled out and retailers strive to sell more discs the price will surely come down.....

At some point (and it could be nearer than we imagine) film studios will withdraw their support of DVD and stop releasing them so within a short frame of time you might not be able to get new releases.... at that point you might regret the decision to invest in technology that is going to slowly be withdrawn.

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for your views,blu ray sales shopping here i come.

paulmasonus how do you update the 51fd if there is no interenet connection so the latest

profile is being used?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts