Blu Ray Help?

swiftmick

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi, can anyone help? I already have a blu ray player (Panasonic DMP-BD30) which I bought new. I wanted to use the onboard processor to output Dolby Tru Hd and Dts Master Hd sound through the 5.1 analogue outputs on the rear of the player.

Can this be done? I have checked the user booklet, but I cannot find any info on how to do it?

If I am not able to do this with this player, can anyone suggest a Blu Ray player that will enable me to do this?

Thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
swiftmick:
Hi, can anyone help? I already have a blu ray player (Panasonic DMP-BD30) which I bought new. I wanted to use the onboard processor to output Dolby Tru Hd and Dts Master Hd sound through the 5.1 analogue outputs on the rear of the player.

Can this be done? I have checked the user booklet, but I cannot find any info on how to do it?

If I am not able to do this with this player, can anyone suggest a Blu Ray player that will enable me to do this?

Thanks

Yes it can, what AV receiver do you have? You will need to connect the BD player to your AVR's multi channel inputs and then make sure your BD player's settings tell it to do the decoding before sending it to the AVR. Your AVR will show PCM on the LCD and not DTS HD or Dolby Tru HD but you will be getting lossless audio.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:swiftmick:

Thanks

Yes it can, what AV receiver do you have?

Are you sure? I just looked at three different reviews (but obviously can't tell you where) and they both state that the BD30 does NOT have onboard HD audio decoding, the 5.1 outputs are for standard DD/DTS only.

A

Anonymous

I had the same dilemma

panny 30 only outputs core dts and dd. it does output PCM but not many films have that soundtrack.....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
swiftmick:Thanks a lot guys, I have just purchased a Sony str-dn1000 . Traded in my trusty Sony str-db940.

Do you mind if I ask how much trade in you got for that? And who from? I've got an STR-DB930 that I want to replace at some point.

swiftmick

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
Richersounds £70 trade in. I know I could have got between £100-£150 on ebay. but after ebay fees and paypal fees plus having to find time to package and post the item Was it worth the extra mucking about?

Ps. I had to bargain hard. I think because I have been a regular customer in the past helped.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts