Blu-Ray Connection Query

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some advice regarding connection my blu-ray player (Sony BDPS550 or Panasonic DMPBD55) to my HD Ready TV (Panasonic 37PV500). As my Sky HD only has HDMI output and not component for video I will have to use the only HDMI socket on the TV for that and use component for video from the Blu-Ray Player. Would this affect the picture quality from the Blu-Ray a lot or would it be ok as I can always pick up an HDMI switch so I can have an HDMI feed for both into the TV. Do these affect picture quality at all?

My surround system is getting on a bit, Accoustic Energy Aego P5, but I cannot afford new amp and speakers just yet so need a Blu-Ray player that decodes the audio in the box before passing to surround sound box but I can get around this by using the 6 channel audio connections from Blu-Ray to surround sound so that's not a problem, its just nailing down the video signal option and what's best with what I have.

Would appreciate any comments before I finally purchase the blu-ray player.

Cheers

Shayn

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, component from player to that TV should be fine, but bear in mind you'll also need an audio feed - stereo analogue will be the best you can do, I think.

As far as the sound side of things with the P5 is concerned, either player will give decent sound through this system.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew for that,

Just one other thing though you mention about the audio feed, I will be using the blu-ray player to decode the HD audio in the box and then outputting to 5.1 into Aego P5 via 6 separate leads as I thought it would still have better than just stereo sound, are you saying that this would not work?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, you will get 5.1 sound into the P5. But if you also want sound available on the TV - ie should you want to watch a disc without the sound system on - you'll need a stereo audio feed to the TV too.

TRENDING THREADS