Blu ray Audio format

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayglowred7

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone yet purchased the nirvana Blu ray Pure Audio disc .

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced this new music Blu ray format ,is it good , bad or brilliant.

Please give your opions as I was very interested in purchasing one but the price is a bit steep so it would have to be really good to justify the outlay.

Cheers all.

D

Deleted member 2457

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/pureaudio-nirvana-nevermind-pure-audio-2013/invt/0600753423844

Quite cheap here. I would say go for it, I am going to order the Amy Winehouse one.

D

Deleted member 2457

michael hoy said:
I have purchased the Amy Whinehouse and Diana Krall ones.

Sound quality is excellent, multi variations selectable whilst listening.

:cheers:

musical0111

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
some good prices on amazon for pure audio blu rays,i have bought nine so far and they are great sounding discs,
i have lionel richie cant slow down, derek and dominos layla,bob marley legend, amy winehouse back to black,
the rolling stones grrr,supertamps breakfast in america,, the diana krall ,and quincy jones big band bossa on order,
imho they are very good upgrades from the cd versions the only problem is waiting up to four weeks for them to arrive.

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi I have been wanting to purchase some of these but I saw some bad reviews online saying they was not better than standard cd and none are Multi channel

I wanted to get nivana but as I have the cd I did not due to the review I read so may be might get lional Richie one ! Anyone got any recommendations ?

I really would lime like this format to take if as I have a few DVD audio disc and super audio disc and they are fantastic

michael hoy

John Duncan said:
michael hoy said:

Multi variations of what? Sound quality?

Sorry for the late reply:

Audio can be selected for Stereo, DTS, HDMA, 24/96

Taken from a website - Universal Music will release its first 36 Blu-ray Audio titles under the High Fidelity Pure Audio banner. Each title will feature PCM, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio 96kHz/24bit audio tracks, and include a coupon to download MP3.

24bit/96 khz High Fidelity Audiophile Sound: No Compression. No Compromise! 2.0 DTS, Dolby TruHD and PCM Audio Formats!

Ian986

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
michael hoy said:
John Duncan said:
michael hoy said:

Taken from a website - Universal Music will release its first 36 Blu-ray Audio titles under the High Fidelity Pure Audio banner. Each title will feature PCM, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio 96kHz/24bit audio tracks, and include a coupon to download MP3.

24bit/96 khz High Fidelity Audiophile Sound: No Compression. No Compromise! 2.0 DTS, Dolby TruHD and PCM Audio Formats!

Sorry to ask a stupid question but if it is in True HD and DTS Master audio that is surround sound 5.1 ? As some of the reviews said they are only two channels

thanks in advance for your reply

michael hoy

Ian986 said:
michael hoy said:
John Duncan said:
michael hoy said:

Sorry to ask a stupid question but if it is in True HD and DTS Master audio that is surround sound 5.1 ? As some of the reviews said they are only two channels

All are 2.0 (Stereo)

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy said:
Ian986 said:
michael hoy said:
John Duncan said:
michael hoy said:

All are 2.0 (Stereo)

Not true, some have 5:1 as an option. E.G http://www.musicdirect.com/p-152027-queen-a-night-at-the-opera-51-blu-ray-pure-audio-disc.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts