Blackberry Z10 announced - will Apple sue them?

Resemblance to the iPhone is uncanny

lseries_black_eng_front_4glte1.jpg

blackberry-z10.jpg

b3q0kp.jpg

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
lots of dead space on the front too.. and no keyboard. I've got a blackberry for work and a HTC for fun. The blackberry OS is rubbish, so I'd never adopt it for "fun" use, so basically they cut out the only thing they do well in order to make a phone that can't even compete with Nokia's Windows Nightmare.

They should make something with a big touch screen and a keyboard (hidden, like N97mini, but not rubbish), and adopt android... Simples.

daveh75

I always liked the BB OS.

Only reason I gave up on them, is when everyone else was making slim, light touchscreen phones they were still making house bricks.

The app store was sh@t though, and looking at the Z10 i wont be ditching Android anytime soon.

daveh75 said:
It's rectangular with rounded corners and of similar dimensions by the looks of it (none of which should be patentable imo), but other than that

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/7/3614506/apple-patents-rectangle-with-rounded-corners

Samsung had challenged this, don't know what happened after that.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura said:
lots of dead space on the front too.. and no keyboard. I've got a blackberry for work and a HTC for fun. The blackberry OS is rubbish, so I'd never adopt it for "fun" use, so basically they cut out the only thing they do well in order to make a phone that can't even compete with Nokia's Windows Nightmare.

They should make something with a big touch screen and a keyboard (hidden, like N97mini, but not rubbish), and adopt android... Simples.

Proper keyboard phones are on the way apparently.

There are some mumblings in the press about the possibility:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2271236/Will-Apple-sue-BlackBerry-iPhone-copy-Bosses-refuse-admit-Z10-looks-just-same.html

I don't think Blackberry will dent iPhone's sales, so Apple may well leave it alone.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Side by side they're really quite different so there should be no confusion ... In my opinion the iThingy looks quite dated by comparison. The Z10 further differentiates itself by not having any front home button and has a blindingly obvious logo that should remind anyone it's not some other kind of fruit.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
Blackberry Z10 announced - will Apple sue them?
Probably since Apple seem to have run out of any innovation, they will try to stop sales of alternative manufactures and make as much money as they can from their legacy products. IMO all phones look the same, rectangles with rounded corners and a screen with maybe a few buttons, you can't patent that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts