admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have just purchased some mezzo 6 floorstanders and i want to biwire them can someone tell me how to my amp is a cambridge audio azur 640a integrated amp look forward to hearing from you

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Remove the Jumper links on the rear of the speakers that join the 2 sets of binding posts.

Then run a cable from each pair of binding posts back to the amp.

If you have only 2 pairs of binding posts on the rear of the amp you will need to double up the cables at them.

But if you have 4 pairs of binding posts on the amp you can send a run of cable to each pair

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
that amp has 2 sets of speaker terminals for each channel, so no need to cram into 1 set. i think you need to push the button for the 2nd set of speakers on the front, as well. with wharfedale diamond 9.1s, i noticed a slight difference when biwired with that amp.

Escapism

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
smuggs:i did it and it made change for me, but do you use speaker a for hf and speaker b for lf matt

I always thought biwiring was a myth, and a waste of money. Bi-amping yes, bi-wire...er, no. However you've noticed the effects so maybe there's some truth in it.

A

Anonymous

Never noticed to much of a difference biwiring, until my amp and the rest of the kit got better. Bi amping made a big difference.

I had the 640 and it didn't sound that much difference, if at all. Try it for yourself though and see if it does though.

A

Anonymous

Active is the way forward for you then!

Honestly, buy a much better single run of speaker cable, then cut a bit off for going between the hf and lf terminals. You will get a better sound this way than a cheaper biwire cable.

A

Anonymous

Hi, dave009 - how do you find the mezzo's with your amp?
How close to a rear wall do you have them placed?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
potboyslim:
Active is the way forward for you then!

Honestly, buy a much better single run of speaker cable, then cut a bit off for going between the hf and lf terminals. You will get a better sound this way than a cheaper biwire cable.

Dont agree with that Ptboy
emotion-4.gif

I have found that some speakers (mainly Monitor Audio) do sound better with a decent run of cable to the LF connections with decent speaker cable jumpers in place (or even the 2-4 cable set-up) but B&W speakers have sounded better to me when bi-wired and obviously bi-amped

If the OP feels that bi-wiring his Mezzo's has proved better than yes; speaker A connections to the HF on the speakers and the Speaker B connections to the LF on the speakers.

However you could just go for the bi-wire cable and get it in a 2-4 set-up so your amp is only using one set of speaker outputs but youre connecting to all 4 terminals on the speakers (remeber to remove the OEM speaker jumper bars though)!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts