bi-amping question?

A

Anonymous

no (unless you're willing to get your hands very dirty).

A

Anonymous

What are your speakers? Most speakers even down to budget range have this, and you pay for it but the general hifi consumer has no idea what it means. The hifi world is a mixed up place, it's time ears were used.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i'm running a pair of focal 908s using two arcam p35s using the mono links - so one amp per speaker

was trying to drop a sub in also but once you put the mono links in you can't use the pre outs for the sub so going to have to get a splitter for the pre amp

A

Anonymous

Well I will never bi-wire, but Landslide ÿis currently melting my chops.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
this is a question - surely if you daisy chained two power amps the high frequency signal across all the outputs would be the same and the low frequencies across all the outputs would be the same - so if your speakers weren't biwireable why would it matter which amp was supplying which signal or if you used 1 amp for high and one for low or do you somehow make bad circuits?

i know this isn't the way to biamp and you should have biwireable speakers but does it matter?

i could understand it not being a benefit to the sound so not worth buying but would it be dangerous

my old speakers had 2 sets of terminals so was never a question my new ones only have 1 which is why this has got me thinking

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
This is a question - surely if you daisy chained two power amps the high frequency signal across all the outputs would be the same and the low frequencies across all the outputs would be the same - so if your speakers weren't biwireable why would it matter which amp was supplying which signal or if you used 1 amp for high and one for low or do you somehow make bad circuits?

i know this isn't the way to biamp and you should have biwireable speakers but does it matter?

i could understand it not being a benefit to the sound so not worth buying but would it be dangerous

my old speakers had 2 sets of terminals so was never a question my new ones only have 1 which is why this has got me thinking

A

Anonymous

if two amps were putting out 'exactly' the same signal, then joining there outputs would help with the currant drive ability. such a concept is what naim amps are all about. They have excess outputs shareing the load. There just one amp, using one power supply though, and sharing the input signal. Your unlikely to find two separate amps with a close enough match in output to do the trick. You would be better looking towards custom pre-amps that allow the amps to bridge into monoblocks. I dont know if they exist commercially. Walk away lol

You probably have one set of posts because the designers knew better. Not all designs want bi-amping due to crossover concerns. They probably have a simple single capacitor design, set as low as they want it to be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts