Bi Amping a Pioneer SC-LX85

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
Anyone out there a Bi amp’ing expert, especially with a Pioneer SC-LX85. I am already using all 9.2 channels on the Pioneer and am looking to bi-amp the front soundstage (Monitor Audio GX300/350). How do I use the pre outs on the Pioneer to best effect this? Can I use a few power amps to drive each speakers HF input and use the Pioneer to drive the LF inputs or is there a better way???. Or am I totally off the wall !

A

Anonymous

PLease help !!!, this is driving me internet crazy !!! :cheer:

A

Anonymous

It's the 'how' am fretting about ?. Any ideas in a 9.2 setup ?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Exactly as you said, you need an additional channel of amplification for each speaker you wish to bi-amp. Personally, although it depends on the quality of the power amps you get, I'd be inclined to stick the LF through the power amp and keep the HF on the LX85.

A

Anonymous

Spoke to both Pioneer and Monitor Audio. Cut a long story short, anything is possible but key recommendation from MA is to keep the speakers powered by the same amp, ie power amp or receiver, to keep the balance in the system. Seems like sensible advice. The MA guy also suggested using RCA splitters on the ore outs which solves another problem of how to split the signal to a power amp without a pre in/ out. All sensible stuff !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts