Better Amp - What Improvements?

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Having recently upgraded my Marantz PM6003 Amp to a Roksan Caspian Pre / Power Upgrade (just awaiting delivery...hopefully today or tomorrow at the latest) what improvements am I likely to hear? I take it there should certainly be a better feeling of timing / dynamics and soundstage?

However having not managed to listen to my Planar 3 Turntable with the Caspian, what should I expect.....will it be all of the above or is the Caspian likely to highlight the shortcomings of the turntable?

Due to an iminent trip to the USA I am thinking of upgrading the Plastic Rega Subplatter to the Groovertacer one with Saphire Thrust Plate and Zirconia bearing.

Would it also be worthwile updating the Goldring Phono Stage and Elys2 Cartrdige?

A

Anonymous

To try to make you understand the the type of improvements.

PM6003 = MINI COOPER

CASPIAN PRE / POWER = FERRARI F50

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
lol.....Thanks for that Gaz.....That much I had already gathered ;-) bearing in mind the Marantx is £300 and the Caspian Pre Power Combo £3,500 new.

I suppose what I was asking was whether this muchly improved amplification stage is likely to show up the Rega Planar 3 Turntable? or does that come down more to the Cartridge and the signal being transmitted?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts