Best wireless headphones for watching films?

neilshep

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have an Onkyo 905, Sanyo Projector, Sonace ceiling speakers, Sony S350 Blu Ray Player. I'm looking for a pair of wireless headphones that will work well with the Onkyo 905 that I can use to watch films with. I'm looking for excellent sound quality and money is not too much of a problem.

I'm presuming that the Dolby TrueHD soundtracks on the Blu-Ray cant be output through HDMI to the wireless receiver and then sent to the headphones? As presumably with only two speakers in the headphones it wouldnt make any difference but maybe I'm wrong?

Any advice would be great!

Neil

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I wanted the same thing and ended up buying Sennheiser Rs130 headphones.

They are hopeless and I'm about to take them back to the shop and see if I can return them. There is a bad background hiss whenever the soundtrack goes quiet and a roar of static if you move your head. Reading reviews after purchasing them (wrong order I know), this is a common issue with this product. A worry is the the reviews still think they are a reasonable choice compared with most others! A lesser problem with them is that the idiot placement of the volume control on the headphone means that is it very easy to bump and change if you lean back into anything - again this was noted in the reviews.

I intend to try to swap them for wired ones and accept the hassle of the cord stretching across the room.

I have tried turning the tv off in case it is interfering with the signal, cycling through all the transmit channel options, and moving the send station around the room. Nothing works.

In essence the Rs130 is a dud product and I strongly recommend avoiding it.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts