Best white stand speakers for naim nait 5si

criant

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
hi, which white speakers are perfect for naim nait 5si.

My current setup is:

Naim Nait 5si Audiolab Mdac B&w 685s2 Sub Rel T5 cable wireworld oasis 7

I would like to upgrade the speakers: i come to mind

B&W CM6 s2

Monitor Audio Gold50 or other

listen to much rock country rock and pop

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ChrisIRL said:
CnoEvil said:
I'd recommend the white LS 50s.

Great speakers but an awful match with the Nait 5si. Headache inducing highs. Metal tweeter and Naim don't mix I think.
Problem is, I don't think Naim mixes with anything, so they were better (IMO), than other speakers that I tried from Linn, Rega and Q Acoustics.

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Soft dome tweeter and larger, preferably dedicated bass driver and the Nait works very well indeed. Let's not do the Naim thing :) The Ls50s are fantastic speakers, just not with the 5si.

Neat Momentum SX3i possibly? Bit expensive though. :)

Failing that the XTZ's as previously posted, they have a ribbon tweeter but it's civilised. Very good value for money, as is everything XTZ.

Or, indeed the Martin Logan Motion 15

criant

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
the dynaudio are the Excite x18

summing, the choice is

B&W CM6 s2

Dynaudio Excite x18

Kef LS50

favorite artists: Dire Straits, Pink Floyd Guns n roses David Bowie for rock country

Diana Krall Adele Norah Jones

thanks for advice

branden

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the post not to go with Kef ls50's, as Naim gear needs to be tempered with a softer sounding speaker or not too analytical as the mating between speaker and amp will sound too dry and or harsh especially on poor studio recordings. Recommendations are: Q-Acoustic speakers, especially the Concept 40's (Floorstanders), **Q-Acoustic speakers are all availabe in white. Additonally any speakers from Proac and PMC. Avoid speakers with metal dome tweeters and stick with ribbon and or soft dome tweeters. Basically if you have an amp that has decent attack, clean and clear with some punch then go with similar speakers to blend accodingly. But metal dome tweeters are only going to sound good with laid back gear, like Monitor Audio with Arcam, not my personal taste but its a good match, or in my case Naim Nait 5si with the concept 40's in black gloss, very nice, using arcam ir dac and all Naim cabling, match made in audio heaven.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts