Best scenes to demo picture quality

T

theflyingwasp

Just wondering what scenes other people use to demo their system.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I like a few films and a few sscenes

first has to be the dark knight, there's a few IMAX shots which can look superb, the opening scene is awesome

second is the lorry seen under Gotham city

third transformers, the first one the attack on the air field at the beginning of the film

fourth the desert battle where he try's to phone the pentagon

fifth is the 2nd transformers, the fight seen in IMAX where Optimus prime gets defeated

Sixth the desert battle before Optimus prime is revived

seventh is total recall with the roof top chase

I hear tron is rather good but I haven't seen it

will be interesting to see what others like to try on though

D

Deleted member 2457

Band of Brothers, Toy Story 3, Slash Made in Stoke, Keane live at the O2, Iron Maiden Flight 666, Avatar and Black Hawk Down. Django Unchained is good too.

D

Deleted member 2457

The Batmans, Inception, Drive, Pearl Harbor, National Treasures, Transformers and Star Wars.

D

Deleted member 2457

theflyingwasp said:
Just wondering what scenes other people use to demo their system.

Narnia when they are at the beach is a good one. Tinkerbell The Lost Treasure is reference quality too.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Band of Brothers, Toy Story 3, Slash Made in Stoke, Keane live at the O2, Iron Maiden Flight 666, Avatar and Black Hawk Down. Django Unchained is good too.

gel said:
The Batmans, Inception, Drive, Pearl Harbor, National Treasures, Transformers and Star Wars.

Gel, the title of this thread is best SCENES to demo picture quality. Surely you have to quote specific scenes within films, rather than whole films, no? My current favourite is from about 40 minutes and 50 seconds of Skyfall, with 33 seconds left of Chapter 10, leading into the night lights of Shanghai at Chapter 11 starting from 41 minutes and 24 seconds. I think it's important to show a bit of the normally lit Chapter 10 before showing Chapter 11, to provide the contrast.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:

gel said:

Gel, the title of this thread is best SCENES to demo picture quality. Surely you have to quote specific scenes within films, rather than whole films, no? My current favourite is from about 40 minutes and 50 seconds of Skyfall, with 33 seconds left of Chapter 10, leading into the night lights of Shanghai at Chapter 11 starting from 41 minutes and 24 seconds. I think it's important to show a bit of the normally lit Chapter 10 before showing Chapter 11, to provide the contrast.

All of them are pretty good all the way through.
smiley-smile.gif
Specific scenes Return of the Jedi ending scene. Narnia Prince Caspian at the beach. Toy Story 3 - opening scene.

D

Deleted member 2457

Black Hawk Down when it gets dark. Drive opening scene. Kick-Ass ending scene.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
The first approximately 3 minutes of Blade Runner. The actors' names appearing and then fading out in white against a black background really shows the differences between my four televisions (I can send the same signal to all four at once) with the Pioneer PDP LX5090 of course being the best.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts