Best micro-hifi system up to € 300-400

Giuseppedes

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I want to buy a micro-hifi system, I was evaluating Yamaha mcr-550 and Denon DM39SPBKE2

The price is similar, which one do you prefer? Or do you think there is another good choise or it's a better idea to wait for new models?

Do you know if I can use a USB drive for reading music with both the devices? In the Denon specification i read that there is a usb control for iOS devices, so I can use ONLY iOS devices or I can use also usb drives?

I readed this review: http://www.whathifi.com/denon/d-m39dab/review , is this product the same of DM39SPBKE2 that I found on Amazon?

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
For €278 you could buy the system I have, the next model up from the Denon DM39, the Denon Ceol N8, current model is N9 but am sure they will sound very similar if not the same

So you could get the Denon Ceol N8, it has internet radio/cd/ and usb port to play music from a memory stick, and an app to stream music wirelessly and use as a remote control from your mobile phone or tablet (IOS or ANDROID), very good system, but you would then have to buy some speakers to go with it

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-10878-denon-ceol-rcdn8-cdfmusbairplaywifi-networked-mini-system-with-ipod-dock.aspx?VariantHid=22260&gclid=CLC4346_m8UCFQsCwwodfnoAsw

If money is an issue you could buy the Denon DM39 with Q Acoustics 2020i for €389, it has dab radio/cd and usb port to play music from a memory stick, but it does not stream music wirelessly or have an app for a mobile or tablet

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/denon_rcd-m39_with_q_acoustics_q2020.shtml?googlecpc&gclid=CM3JuaLCm8UCFQzHtAodIlAAbA

In my opinion the Denon Ceol N8 sounds excellent and will probably sound a little better, but the Denon DM39 should still sound very good

Please read full specifications for both units to be sure about what they can both do, and what total inputs and outputs they both have for various other devices etc

Giuseppedes

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I found Ceol RCD N9 with SC N9 at €450, just 50 € more of N8, so do you think that this is a good deal?

Edit: I've just seen that this year will ship the new denon d-m40, probably in june, at about €400. Do you think that Denon ceol N9 will be better or it is better to wait for d-m40?

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Giuseppedes said:
Thanks for your reply, I found Ceol RCD N9 with SC N9 at €450, just 50 € more of N8, so do you think that this is a good deal?

Yes a very good deal, not sure how good the speakers are but you could always just buy the unit and then buy better speakers

Edit: I've just seen that this year will ship the new denon d-m40, probably in june, at about €400. Do you think that Denon ceol N9 will be better or it is better to wait for d-m40?

I would think the Denon Ceol N9 would be better in my opinion, but you would need to give them both a test regarding the sound to make sure, also you would need to take in consideration what they both have to offer regarding features as well, and again you could always just buy the unit and then buy better speakers

(Better speakers for both units are going to make the systems sound better, but the speakers included may be good enough, so again worth a listen on both systems to see if you are happy with the sound with the included speakers first)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts