Best HDMI Lead For Sky HD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
what is the BEST hdmi cable you can get for sky HD?

I was looking at the Chord Company HDMI 1.3a Silver Plus or the IXOS XHT458-100 HDMI 1080p cable

which one is better? or will they just do the same job?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
What are you plugging it into?

The Chord is good enough for upto/including higher-end displays/projectors etc, but you might not need to spend that much: QED HDMI-Performance (aka HDMI-P) is an excellent alternative at @£45, while if you've a smaller screen/more basic set-up, the Cambridge Audio HDMI (£30) is a great bargain buy.

A

Anonymous

Hi clare.....

i am connecting to an hdmi slot on my new purchase ( the samsung le37a656a1 )

will the hdmi lead improve the picture?

A

Anonymous

My understanding is that the cable will not actually effect the picture. You need to remember that HDMI is a digital connection and as such you have a binary string of 1s and 0s going in at one and and these 1s and 0s either come out at the other side or they don't.

Having said that I would always advocate paying more for a well made cable as I had to have my flat screen repaired after a very cheap (free when my Sky HD was installed) cable gave up the ghost and shorted out some of the TVs circuits.

A

Anonymous

I think I heard a comment from Robert Heron at DL.TV that for runs of less than 6 foot the cable was less important than you'd think.

I'll try to locate the actual quote and post back. If possible I'll also try to determine his credentials.

A

Anonymous

Sorry I wasn't trying to start a debate, only provide the info I had to hand.

Personally I think that either of the cables suggested by Clare would make a sound purchase but feel that it's worth noting that the difference in performance between HDMI cables may not be as marked as it would be if you compared analogue interconnects for example.

Maybe What HIFI could run a supertest of HDMI cables at differing price points to answer the question once and for all. I'd like to read that :)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
They've already done a group test of HDMI cables a few issues back. I'm sure there'll be something on the new website from tomorrow on cabling.
Oh and digits may be digits, but signal loss is signal loss.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I must have missed that issue maybe I'll try for a back issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts