Best computer speakers for less than $550?

deeznuts

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I have been researching endlessly trying to find a perfect pair of computer speakers, which preferably have a built-in amp as it is more convenient and cheaper, and have a good bass along with mids and highs. I am not very concerned about wireless connectivity but it is of course welcomed, but most importantly I would like to be able to switch between my Mac and iPhone with no hassle. Speakers I saw and didn't like (according to reviews) are B&W MM-1 (weak bass) and Bose Companion 5. Speakers will be placed on my desk and in a small room. My budget is $550.

I fell in love with the B&W 685 S2, but unfortunately they require an amp that would cost me almost the same price of the speakers and I'm not willing to shell out that much.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I am looking for speakers with powerful bass, but not compromise sound quality for it.

deeznuts

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! Finally made an account.

There are a very few stores in my city which sell hi-fi speakers, but they seem great (according to their websites). Will definitely give them a visit. I really hope I get convinced and buy the speakers because I've been looking for so long...

deeznuts

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
I highly doubt these speakers are available in my country, so I will have to pass. Shipping them here will cost me a fortune, especially because they are definitely heavy.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Where are you from?SA have quite a good distribution.Maybe you can contact a distributor and make a special deal.Always keep option open to send them back if you don´t like them.

With your budget? you could also consider the small Dali Zensor1 which are considerable cheaper than the B&W.They work great as desktop speakers near to the wall but could be a little bright if partnered wrong imo. or also consider the cheaper B&W 686S2 which would work a lot better than the bigger ones as desktop speakers.So you can free up more for a suitable amp and dac.

Other option is to go with other active speakers which are available in your country.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Go to a pro audio shop and audition some KRK, Genelec and Adam active speakers. You can get good ones at your budget.

This. Active pro monitors are the perfect solution for your situation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts