Best amp & speaker setup for a media center extender any suggestions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone I am new to this so bare with me. I am looking to set up a system in my dinning room using a media centre extender linked to my main media centre in the living room, it will be used for mainly music. I am thinking of using an xbox 360 as the extender and a small lcd tv or monitor for the display. I am looking for some ideas on the best amp & speaker setup to go for. I don't really want to spend a fortune & i would like the amp to be fairly small.

Ideally i would like an all in one media centre extender that has an amp built in like the sonos stuff but i can't find anything like that out there.

If you have any suggestions for me or help that would be great & much appreciated.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
m1rfy:
Hello everyone I am new to this so bare with me. I am looking to set up a system in my dinning room using a media centre extender linked to my main media centre in the living room, it will be used for mainly music. I am thinking of using an xbox 360 as the extender and a small lcd tv or monitor for the display. I am looking for some ideas on the best amp & speaker setup to go for. I don't really want to spend a fortune & i would like the amp to be fairly small.

Ideally i would like an all in one media centre extender that has an amp built in like the sonos stuff but i can't find anything like that out there.

If you have any suggestions for me or help that would be great & much appreciated.

What is your budget? I have the Linksys DMA2100 connected to my amp via DAC, it sounds wonderful.

A

Anonymous

The budget is about £500. I would like the sonos set up but i only want music sent to 1 other room so i think it is a bit expensive. I already have a monitor and the xbox that is why i decided to go the media centre extender route. I want it to sound good but i know it won't be proper hifi & it will be my second system. thanks

John Duncan

Personally, I'd ditch the X Box and monitor and get - Squeezebox Duet (250 quid)/NAD C315BEE (165 quid)/Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom (90 quid). Kerching.

But if you do want to keep keep those (bit untidy if you ask me), I'd substitute a Beresford or Cambridge DAC (£120 and £200 respectively) for the Squeezebox and add slightly better amp and speakers

A

Anonymous

you are right, it would look abit untidy that is what i was worried about, i think i will go for a dedicated music streamer. i may just spend the extra money and get the sonos.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts