best 4k player

D

Deleted member 2457

Frans Callebaut said:
hello,

which is the best 4k player oppo udp-205 or the new cambridge 4k player ? or is there a better one than these two ?

kind regards,

frans callebaut
I don't think the new 4K Cambridge Audio player is out yet the one that plays 4K Blu-rays. WHF do like the Cambridge Audio players tho and it wouldn't surprise me if Whatfifi thinks it's better when it comes out than the Oppo 205.

D

Deleted member 2457

Frans Callebaut said:
hello,

which is the best 4k player oppo udp-205 or the new cambridge 4k player ? or is there a better one than these two ?

kind regards,

frans callebaut
This is what WHF thought of the old Blu ray player from Cambridge Audio last year to give you some idea about it:

https://www.whathifi.com/cambridge-audio/cxu/review

manicm

gel said:
Frans Callebaut said:
hello,

kind regards,

frans callebaut
This is what WHF thought of the old Blu ray player from Cambridge Audio last year to give you some idea about it:

https://www.whathifi.com/cambridge-audio/cxu/review

As I've repeated before, it's just not worth it. It's touted as an audiophile player but I'm dead sure the cheaper Oppo 203 would match it there, and beats it for video duty - being 4k of-course.

One of the rare occasions where CA got unstuck.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Dual HDMI outputs are for people whose older AVRs wont pass HDCP2.2 or HDR signals. You connect the main HDMI directly to your 4K TV and the second one (usually audio only) to your AVR.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
https://www.whathifi.com/cambridge-audio/cxuhd/review?utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=enews%20bulletins&utm_content=WHIF%20ENews%20Bulletin_onepromoted_Updated%20(20.12.2017)::article_1_read_more&utm_source=20171220

*dance4*

Benedict_Arnold said:
kukulec said:
"I’d usually side for the digital transport..." which one u would buy?

I bought two X800 units for less than the price of one Oppo.....

I've just bought one too and it's a bargain. Whilst sonically it might not be up to my old Oppo 105eu it is much better at video. I know it's 4k but I have just bought a 4k TV and wanted a bluray player to do it justice. Apart from the lack of HDR support I cannot see any reason to pay more.

Anyway I though all Cambridge players had Oppo guts in them. ;-)

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
kukulec said:

I've just bought one too and it's a bargain. Whilst sonically it might not be up to my old Oppo 105eu it is much better at video. I know it's 4k but I have just bought a 4k TV and wanted a bluray player to do it justice. Apart from the lack of HDR support I cannot see any reason to pay more.

I also got a X800, but it does support HDR. *smile* The You tube HDR viewing has to be seen to be believed. *biggrin*

Native_bon said:
Al ears said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
kukulec said:

I also got a X800, but it does support HDR. *smile* The You tube HDR viewing has to be seen to be believed. *biggrin*

Apologies, bits missing, I meant Dolby Vision HDR.

davidf said:
Al ears said:
davidf said:
I’m quite interested in the newly announced top of the range Panasonic - looks promising.

Looks expensive.... :)

However, if they price it below an Oppo 205 it will probably sell well.
I’m trying to find it now - not the 820, but the one with the aluminium flat front panel, which looks a little Oppo-ish.

It's the 9000 or something isn't it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts