Beresford DAC - how good are they?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good evening

I'm in the market for a fairly inexpensive DAC to take an optical signal from a home theatre PC and convert into into an analogue signal into an amp (not sure which one yet) and then into Pro Ac Studio 100 speakers.

One option is to buy a home cinema amp and use that to do the decoding but I will only be playing stereo music and so I wonder if a DAC and stereo amp combination would be better.

Have What Hi Fi ever tested the Beresford DAC, and if not, do they have any plans to - the reviews I have read rate them pretty highly and just wondered if anyone here has much experience.

Many thanks

Steve

A

Anonymous

Over in another forum they are rated extremely highly - many consider it an upgrade for various cd players costing loadsa money. I'm skeptical but would love to hear one. I think the guy that sells them (ebay) will do a refund (minus postage) if you don't like it!

A

Anonymous

I'd recommend Trends Audio UD-10 via USB, only £95 or £199 for pimped up Russ Andrews version (incl their power pack and power cord).

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Beresford is Stunning value for money, you wouldn't regret buying it.

and Bloney my friend if you mention other forum in here you might be in Andrew bad book!

A

Anonymous

I'm sure Andrew will forgive me if I appologise and promise never, ever to do it again, ever. Won't you Andrew..? Andrew...? Aaaw...

A

Anonymous

Many thanks guys - I think I'll give one a go.

Would be great for the review team to try one and see how they think it stacks up - hint hint

Cheers

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts