Behringer equalizer

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Mech,

As I posted on your other thread, Behringer stuff is great value for money.

I haven't used a Behringer analogue equaliser, but I have no reason to believe that it won't be well executed if their other products are any guide.

I would say that from an engineering point of view, the world has moved on. It is quite tough to design narrow band analogue filters that track (left and right) without using expensive, tight tolerance components. These days, this is done much better using maths and DSP in the digital domain where all sorts of filter shapes, widths and notches can be selected with a click of a mouse. If you are really keen, you can apply room correction convolver files produced by software like REW (room equalisation wizard - free to download) that can correct for both the speaker and room performance.

The bunch in Hong Kong mentioned in your other thread (Minidsp) are producing some very interesting and cheap DSP products that in my mind are the future of HiFi.

Unless you are wedded to an analogue equaliser, I would recommend you investigate digital alternatives.

mech

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
i was to the dj/pa store and i was told there was no problems to use these EQs in my hifi system with correct cables/reductions. i must say i prefer a 31-band analog equalizer to digital DSP. you can change your setting whenever you want without your computer.

thanks for your answer.

TRENDING THREADS