BEAUTY OF THE FORUM

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I thought I'd write something positive about this forum... shock horror!

Now, I've been one of the biggest critics since the revamp and still not at all happy about it. I still can't post links or use the smileys! nudge nudge Mr Clough, but yesterday one of my fellow posters whom I've got to know over the last year or so through the common love of music, more than HiFi in fact, helped me out tremendously.

On Saturday I bought myself an early Christmas present, the Sonos Connect. Boggit, amongst others, had been singing it's praises to me for quite a while, but being blind, I never imagined I'd be able to use such a device.

Yesterday morning I thought I'd give it a whirl at setting it up on my own. I downloaded the App onto my iPhone and low and behold there was the Sonos! and the rest was a piece of cake. That was until I tried to link my Spotify account to the Connect. My dear long suffering wife tried to get it sorted between us, but we couldn't get it to accept the link code.

Boggit had already said to contact him if I needed help, so after umming and arring whether to bother him or not I plucked up the courage and dialed his number... I was a bit embarrassed to find I had interupted a family breakfast, but he took my call and seemed genuinely pleased to hear from me.

He couldn't help me there and then as he had family commitments, but offered to call me back later in the day, which he duly did and via Team Viewer he took over my PC, without little fus he solved the problem and now I am one happy Sonus Connect user... that's another story.

I may be a few pounds poorer, but all the richer for this experience.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Great to hear Boggit was able to help out and get your Sonos up and running with Spotify. After all that please don't go and return it within the next 7 days ... only joking .... enjoy :)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Mac ,

Great news , it is always nice to read a story about human kindness and people helping each other .

I hope you get many hours of pleasure from the Sonos, I think a review is compulsory under the circumstances *biggrin*

My hat is off to you Boggit you have a good heart *angel*

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Cheers Mac and guys, it was nothing and a pleasure after all the fine music Mac has put me and others in touch with it was the least i could do. It is after all what we do all this for, as much as we like getting shiney new boxes its all down to listening to enjoyable music in the best way we can. I would of helped earlier but i was in town having breakfast! I then had to endure "Nativity 3 Where is my Donkey"! with the kids it was an awfull film!

It also shows how relatively easy it is to add a Sonos to your system hopfully it will encourage others to try. Mac finds and listens to tonnes of new music and he will find it a real boon.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
matt49 said:
Nice one, Mac (and Boggit)! I hope you enjoy the Sonos experience.

Matt

In terms of functionality it's brilliant and ease of set up was unbelievably easy, apart from my little problem that is.

SQ wise it's as clear as a bell, but unsurprisingly lacks the depth and bold soundscape of the EMC1UP, thus it will never be a replacement, but a great piece of kit nevertheless and I look forward to building on it.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Macspur said:
matt49 said:
Nice one, Mac (and Boggit)! I hope you enjoy the Sonos experience.

Matt

In terms of functionality it's brilliant and ease of set up was unbelievably easy, apart from my little problem that is.

SQ wise it's as clear as a bell, but unsurprisingly lacks the depth and bold soundscape of the EMC1UP, thus it will never be a replacement, but a great piece of kit nevertheless and I look forward to building on it.

Is that just with Spotify or with your own local files as well? Be interested to hear how it compares to the EMC when you're using FLAC for example.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes FLAC might be next and would be very interesting to get some feedback on quality my guess is not to much difference. And cheers everybody.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Whilst works here are ongoing, I have a Sonos Connect playing ALAC files through my main system: (modded) M-DAC > Sanders Magtech power amp > Martin Logan Montis. It sounds fantastic and I'm very happy with it. Maybe a different digital source would sound better or maybe not.

*good*

Matt

TRENDING THREADS