News Be a part of What Hi-Fi?'s Ultimate Audiophile Playlist

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Toroidal_Droidal_81

Dec 6, 2019
Visit site
Devin Townsend Project - Hold On

In my opinion a lot of these playlists miss out on genres like rock, hard rock and metal music.

So i think its time for these genres to come through.

Devin Townsend has been a pioneer in the progressive/extreme metal scene since 1994.

First Under the banner of "Strapping young lad" and since under his self-titled music endeavour

"Devin Townsend Project".

A true original musician/songwriter/producer.

His musical catalogue ranges from new-age, ambient to industrial and progressive metal.

And his music production and sound engineering is over the top amazing !!!

So to pick just one song is very, very hard.

But if I have to choose only one, then it would be from his epic album EPICLOUD released back in 2012.

Reactions: Carpinus

MoPac

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
This probably does not fit into the type of playlist you are trying to create, but It's a well recorded modern classical composition. Since only one track can be suggested I'll choose the first movement of Lutoslawski: Chain 2, Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra ( Naxos ).

Rik Ward

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
I firmly recommend DAVE GRUSIN - T. K. O from the album Migration... play it loud and catch on the fly
woofers popping out... it's an old but fantastic recording by GRP... give a go and try by yourself 👍
Agree on the choice, but a 1989 release “old“? Not in my book!

Dugtaz22

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
I found that dire straits money for nothing is a good track to test for how good asm system is when push up the volume. Not only to make sure that it does not only become to strident but also the bass is kept in control. The other useful thing is it will show if your set up has any dead spots as a lot of older sound engineers used to use this track for setting up big sound rigs. Try it even if your not a fan of the track it may surprise you but also help you to improve that sweet spot we all hanker after

Reactions: yannisgk

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
"Basket Ball shoes" Black Country New Road, From their second album Ants from up there, the album is a superb one take analogue recording with a dr rating of 18 on Roon, Isaac Wood ( singer) left the band shortly after its release due to mental health related problems and it doesn't really surprise after a few listens. Concorde is also a excellent track.

"Basket Ball shoes" Black Country New Road, From their second album Ants from up there, the album is a superb one take analogue recording with a dr rating of 18 on Roon, Isaac Wood ( singer) left the band shortly after its release due to mental health related problems and it doesn't really surprise after a few listens. Concorde is also a excellent track.
Please check the date on threads and do not resurrect old ones like this. Tah!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts