BD35 Software for HD Master Audio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have bought a Panasonic Blu Ray BD 35 which I am running through a Denon 1909. I have been told that I need to download software in order to be able to play HD master audio as it will not do this straight out of the box. I have searched the forums and the panasonic site trying to find any info or a link to the software without success, The guys at superfi also agree that this unit needs upgraded sotware but also cannot find how to do it. Any help would be much appreciated,

Regards,

Mike Neale

A

Anonymous

Mike,

Fear not, provided you connect the BD35 to the Denon via HDMI, and ask the BD35 to Bitstream audio via HDMI, and assign your HDMI input on the Denon for video and audio, then you will have DTS HD MA in full surround loveliness, decoded by your amp. The BD 35 won't internally decode DTS HD MA and output it via analogue, but you don't need it to, as your amp does the work for you. Good luck.

Shuggie

PS: Just checked the WHF review of the BD 35, it no longer has analogue 5.1 outputs (the 30 did), but it does decode all the HD codecs. Do the above and all should be well.

A

Anonymous

Shuggie,

Many thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated. I have carried out your suggestion and all now seems to be ok. thank you very much,

Regards

Mike Neale

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts