BB, is this your projector?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-VPL-HW40ES-Home-Cinema-Projector/dp/B00JRNQNG6/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463660215&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=Sony+wes40+projector

Got to be a good price if it is.

D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-VPL-HW40ES-Home-Cinema-Projector/dp/B00JRNQNG6/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463660215&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=Sony+wes40+projector

Got to be a good price if it is.
I can't put this projector on the ceiling, could it go on a side table though? And sit around AV stand height? Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

David too, would this work with one of your projector screens?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Gel i read on the reviews that the in/outputs are on the side of the projector and not on the back.

Copied from amazon reviews.

CONS:

-its not really a con but this is a big projector , so if ur planning on seating it on a shelf like i did , take note of that .
-all the inputs are on the side , it wouldve been better to have them on the back or at least an HDMI on each side .
-lamp life is a little low on high ( 2000 hours ) .

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine almost a year ago and it cost around £2k, and that was a very keen deal.

Its an excellent PJ.

Live nly ever had it ceiling mounted.

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers guys! I spoke to Frank Harvey too and they said the distance I would've it, isn't further enough away.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
simonlewis said:
CONS:-its not really a con but this is a big projector , so if ur planning on seating it on a shelf like i did , take note of that .-all the inputs are on the side , it wouldve been better to have them on the back or at least an HDMI on each side
That is so it can be used right up against a back wall.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Cheaper here:

https://www.hifix.co.uk/sony-vpl-hw40es-home-cinema-projector?___SID=U
Thats ex-display. The Amazon price has gone up from £1380.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Yes, that's my projector. It's quite expensive, considering the replacement model HW45 has been launched. What's the distance from the projector to the screen?
12ft (I think).

There are few aspects to consider before deciding on a projector, because you cannot return the screen easily and some form of installation is needed. You can get a reasonable throw at 12 feet distance but bear in mind that the AV equipment is at the front, so there will be an HDMI cable going across the room (unless you want to get a wireless kit which may not be reliable). It is really difficult to recommend you a projector, considering the number of times you change your mind. When you come to a stage where your mind is stable and you're looking for a long term investment of at least 3 years, then you can think of a projector which has the potential to reward you with a far superior viewing experience as long as the lighting conditions are right and the screen is right.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
There are few aspects to consider before deciding on a projector, because you cannot return the screen easily and some form of installation is needed. You can get a reasonable throw at 12 feet distance but bear in mind that the AV equipment is at the front, so there will be an HDMI cable going across the room (unless you want to get a wireless kit which may not be reliable). It is really difficult to recommend you a projector, considering the number of times you change your mind. When you come to a stage where your mind is stable and you're looking for a long term investment of at least 3 years, then you can think of a projector which has the potential to reward you with a far superior viewing experience as long as the lighting conditions are right and the screen is right.
Yep, good idea.
regular_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts