Balanced interconnects

pkerai

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Where can I get balanced interconnects.
Ive heard they sound better then most others.
There ddoesnt seem to be any reviews here.
Furthermore, I havent even seen any advertised!
Any advice rearding these. For my Audiolabs DAC to Intergrated Amp (havent chosen yet).

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
pkerai said:
Where can I get balanced interconnects. Ive heard they sound better then most others. There ddoesnt seem to be any reviews here. Furthermore, I havent even seen any advertised! Any advice rearding these. For my Audiolabs DAC to Intergrated Amp (havent chosen yet).

XLR connectors come into their own in electrical noisy environments, ie studios and for long runs. They are generally more secure in their attachment to equipment and sometimes even have a push button lock for added security.

They do not sound any better than RCA leads in normal environments, but carry a higher gain signal due to having two 'hot' wires. They will sound louder,but that's it. If you want XLRs, the best place to buy them will be proaudio outlets, either on the high street, or online. Mine came from a pro audio distributer on Amazon and cost about £8 if I remember correctly.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Overdose said:
pkerai said:
Where can I get balanced interconnects. Ive heard they sound better then most others. There ddoesnt seem to be any reviews here. Furthermore, I havent even seen any advertised! Any advice rearding these. For my Audiolabs DAC to Intergrated Amp (havent chosen yet).

XLR connectors come into their own in electrical noisy environments, ie studios and for long runs. They are generally more secure in their attachment to equipment and sometimes even have a push button lock for added security.

They do not sound any better than RCA leads in normal environments, but carry a higher gain signal due to having two 'hot' wires. They will sound louder,but that's it. If you want XLRs, the best place to buy them will be proaudio outlets, either on the high street, or online. Mine came from a pro audio distributer on Amazon and cost about £8 if I remember correctly.

+1

http://www.mediacollege.com/audio/balanced/cable-balanced.html

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
pkerai said:

You will be shocked to know, just like i was, that not all XLR connections are fully balanced. Some brands add XLR connectors to cable for convenience/market. If you need properly implemented balanced cable hot/cold/ground i would ask questions before purchase otherwise you may as well use single ended RCA.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts