Back from Bose

Back_from_Bose

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello all

10+ years after selling all my Hifi separates (mainly Rotel kit) on eBay for a range of Bose convenience AV and Sound dock systems I got the bug back (not told wife yet, she said I was a 'wire' geek when we met!)

Started right at budget end with purchase of new 2013 Creek OBH-11 headphone amp to give my Grado SR80i headphones a run out.

One issue I'm having is with the power plug on the Creek, a high pitched pulsing sound can be heard directly from the plug (tried on neighbours sockets and same issue). It is really annoying and hurts my ears (despite not being very loud). It can't be heard from headphones and only stops when Creek is powered off or wall socket switched off (happens with or without any source RCA cables or headphones connected).

I assume it is a faulty Creek OBH-UNI plug? Have sent Creek technical a email.

Searching online I see many complaints with power adapters for smartphones or computers.

Anyway Grados sound great with Creek (not seen any reviews yet), and Chord iChord cable is great considering it is 3.5 jack to 2 RCA.

My only current source is IPhone5 loaded with 20 years of music but planning next purchase and spending too much time online looking at options to audition

Unlikely to bother with CD player, but do want a tuner to listen to football.

Thanks for your time

Back_from_Bose

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for reply boss

Continued the build on the cheap by picking up a 'classic' Linn Kudos Tuner and Chord Cobra 2 interconnects from ebay to get my football fix

TRENDING THREADS