B&W P5 Series 2 headphones - tempting!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I heard them the other day in John Lewis and they sounded quite brilliant! I have only just bought the Bose QC25's though. I think I will save money for a year, and then possibly treat myself again! Anyone else tempted by these? They are supposed to be as good as the P7's but quite a bit cheaper. Have you heard them?

BigMartin

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I think there are minor changes when compared to the P7s. If I had a bit of a budget then I'd definitely go for the P5s. I'd prefer them over the Bose unless the noise cancellation was your priority

D

Deleted member 2457

BigMartin said:
I think there are minor changes when compared to the P7s. If I had a bit of a budget then I'd definitely go for the P5s. I'd prefer them over the Bose unless the noise cancellation was your priority
Yep, it's tempting alright.

Steiner

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I own the P5s1 and the P7. The difference is huge!

The P5s2 has bigger drivers than P5s1, but is still and on ear headphone. I think that the over-ear closed back design of the P7 is by far superior to the on ear design. Sound wise they are worlds apart. Save your Money and by the P7.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The P5s2 is quite good compared to other headphones of its type (but not price). If you're looking through the better $200 on-ear headphones that are most similar to the P5, but you want the extra build quality and aesthetics of the B&W and are willing to pay the premium, then the P5 is a great choice. And they have a fairly strong bass compared to "hi-fi" headphones.

D

Deleted member 2457

I was in Bicester shopping village today and tried the Bose Quiet Comfort 3 headphones they were quite impressive for on ear headphones.

Wuss

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Steiner said:
I own the P5s1 and the P7. The difference is huge!

The P5s2 has bigger drivers than P5s1, but is still and on ear headphone. I think that the over-ear closed back design of the P7 is by far superior to the on ear design. Sound wise they are worlds apart. Save your Money and by the P7.

+1 I agree wholeheartedly

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
dalethorn said:
The P5s2 is quite good compared to other headphones of its type (but not price). If you're looking through the better $200 on-ear headphones that are most similar to the P5, but you want the extra build quality and aesthetics of the B&W and are willing to pay the premium, then the P5 is a great choice. And they have a fairly strong bass compared to "hi-fi" headphones.

I didn't know this thread was on.

Gel, maybe Dale should recommend alternatives to the B&Ws for on-ear headphones.

Everytime I buy something on an impulse, later I regret and wish I did a bit more research. At the time I am sure there is nothing better out there but later it shows usually there was. Give it some time to learn the market for this type of phones and price point.

D

Deleted member 2457

Vladimir said:
dalethorn said:

Gel, maybe Dale should recommend alternatives to the B&Ws for on-ear headphones.

Everytime I buy something on an impulse, later I regret and wish I did a bit more research. At the time I am sure there is nothing better out there but later it shows usually there was. Give it some time to learn the market for this type of phones and price point.
I think Dale quite likes the B&W P5 series 2's. Any more options Dale for on ear headphones? Cheers.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
gel said:
Vladimir said:
dalethorn said:

I think Dale quite likes the B&W P5 series 2's. Any more options Dale for on ear headphones? Cheers.

I like the P5s2 for on-ear. The B&O H2 I was using has proven to have a soft headband(?) that doesn't maintain a necessary grip, so I'm back to the P5. The only other on-ear portable I've had long-term success with is the Thinksound ON1, for build quality and sound both. The P5 earpads grip better though.

D

Deleted member 2457

dalethorn said:
gel said:
Vladimir said:
dalethorn said:

I like the P5s2 for on-ear. The B&O H2 I was using has proven to have a soft headband(?) that doesn't maintain a necessary grip, so I'm back to the P5. The only other on-ear portable I've had long-term success with is the Thinksound ON1, for build quality and sound both. The P5 earpads grip better though.
Cheers for that.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
A fella bought some T51i's today (I know the apostrophe is wrong). He currently has some B&Ws. I've asked him to report back on what he thinks. I will then report here.

D

Deleted member 2457

JoelSim said:
A fella bought some T51i's today (I know the apostrophe is wrong). He currently has some B&Ws. I've asked him to report back on what he thinks. I will then report here.
Cheers Joel.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
JoelSim said:

The T51's are very colored, but have Tesla drivers, so you get your colorations in better detail. Try running a freq. sweep and listen for the whopping peak around 5 khz. The good news is the T51 earpads make a huge improvement to the DT1350 headphone, for both sound and secure fit.

TRENDING THREADS