B&w m1 or q7000i

brutas

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

Need some guidance regarding the above speakers,other options would be considered.They will be used 90% for movies,the enjoyment prevention officer(wife )doesn't like floor standing speakers so that rules that out,I would be using them for front and centre with ceiling speakers for the rears.Also what sub would people recommend pv1D or other?

Thanks in advance

Al

davejones1007

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
I have six of the orginal (Mk1, pre 2012) M1's combined with the B&W 610 Sub and a Yamaha RXV677. I find them fantastic for both movies and music. I went for the 610 because I couldn't justify the price of the PV1 and have never regretted it, plenty of bass on movies when required that you feel as well as hear and they deliver a warm controlled performance when playing music.

I like good sound but I'm not a dedicated audiophile (my wife might disagree with that statement) and don't really have any quality large speakers to compare them against but I do have a Marantz 6005 amp with Dali Lektor 2's in my study and I'd say my AV setup plays music as well as these, in some respect they are better because the Dali lack a little bass.

The wife acceptance factor is high with this setup as well and she enjoys the sound the produce compared to the plain old TV speakers, so a result all round.

brutas

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I'm also thinking of getting the rxv677 but am also considering the discontinued rxa1030 but don't know if there's much difference? Again any thoughts welcomed!! Do you have the m1's wall mounted or on stands? Sorry for all the questions,just want to get it right for my budget.

Thanks.Alan

davejones1007

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
I have the two rear surrounds on B&W stands and the rear centre stood on an old Atacam bookshelf speaker stand behind the sofa pointing upwards. I needed to hide the centre rear or it would look daft in my room. The front speakers are on the table top stands under and either side of the TV. Not convinced that 6.1 makes that much of a difference over 5.1 but early days yet.

If you can get a good deal on the 1030 then i'd say go for it, I looked but didn't find any deals to make me move away from the 667. I also considered the Sony 1050 but discounted it because I wanted a trigger out to switch my sub (found the auto switching based on input signal is flakey at low listening volumes). Did look at the high end Pioneers, they look great but are massive incomparison to the 677 and probably overkill for my living room, maybe if I ever build that dedicated home cinema room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts