B&W CM10 S2

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I auditioned the CM10's and I really liked them. By far the best speaker in the CM range. They were powered by a Hegel H80 rated at 75 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 125 watts onto 4 ohms. Very similar power rating to your Roksan M2 at 85 watts into 4 ohms and 125 watts into 4 ohms. The Hegel had zero problems driving the CM10's to as loud as I would every want to play them with good control.

So unless you listen to club music at 110 DB all night long I don't think you will have any problems.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Thanks guys.

I'll be taking a look at them at the Sound and Vision show next month, and then plan to demo them myself. My nearest hi-fi shop ( Audio-T in Swansea) only has the CM8 to demo so i'ĺl need to travel further afield.

David@FrankHarvey - do you stock these ?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
Thanks guys.

I'll be taking a look at them at the Sound and Vision show next month, and then plan to demo them myself. My nearest hi-fi shop ( Audio-T in Swansea) only has the CM8 to demo so i'ĺl need to travel further afield.

Yes, we have the full CM Series 2 models on demo, as well as the Caspian M2 range.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
The M2 will drive them just fine.

Do you consider the Roksan M2 to be a good match for the CM10's ?

Had a listen to a pair of CM8's last week and i liked their sound. Hopefully the CM10's will be a step up again in quality.

SteveR750

stevee1966 said:
Thanks guys.

I don't wish to deprive David of a potential order, but have you rung Audio T in cardiff? They might have the 10s on demo, and I know thay also have the M2 range as I bought mine from them a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure you can home demo the stuff in Cardiff too.

If you want to demo more than a couple of pairs, then the trip to Coventry is probably worthwhile.

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Yes i believe that their Cardiff store have them. I listened to the CM8's in Swansea last Friday, and staff there told me that they were available in Cardiff.
I've not 'home demoed' previously - how long can you take speakers away to listen to them ?

SteveR750

stevee1966 said:
Yes i believe that their Cardiff store have them. I listened to the CM8's in Swansea last Friday, and staff there told me that they were available in Cardiff. I've not 'home demoed' previously - how long can you take speakers away to listen to them ?

A week should be no issue.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
Waxy said:
..when I got my CM9s on sale-or-return from Sevenoaks.

Did you listen to CM10's as well as the 9's ? Just wondering how they compare, and do the 10's justify their extra £1000 price tag ?

I went for a discounted pair of CM9s (they were about to be replaced by the S2 version). As well as being out of my budget, the CM10s are a bit too big for my room.

Laurens_B

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
stevee1966 said:
Waxy said:
..when I got my CM9s on sale-or-return from Sevenoaks.

Did you listen to CM10's as well as the 9's ? Just wondering how they compare, and do the 10's justify their extra £1000 price tag ?

I've AB-ed them several times. Yes, the CM10 is that much better. The mids and highs are simply more revealing. Differs per recording though. When I was listening to some John Mayer the differences were meh..., still better but then I listened to Hans Zimmer - Time, this is were the differences became much more obvious, the CM10s were much more revealing on this track, really showed off their ability to give a clear presentation of the orchestra. Bass also goes deeper with more body than the CM9s.

If they are really worth an extra 1000 quid, thats something you can only decide for yourself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts