B&W 805S v Wilson Benesch Square One

baldy38

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone demoed both these speakers? Any idea how they compare in terms of sound, which one does what best and so on?

I have a Rega Saturn and, currently, a Brio 3 amp, although I intend to upgrade that to something more appropriate once I can afford it.

I know What Hifi did a group test involving both speakers - I think it was the May 2007 issue. But I can't find a link to it anywhere.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi! I demoed them both and there is very little in them in terms of sound. Just find the one you are happier with. I brougnt the 805S because they looked a lot better (imo) also i got them for cheaper than i would have had to pay for the WB. The 805S are superb speakers. The wilson benesch had better bass from what i remember but i found them a bit harsher than the bowers. But like i said demo them - they are both class.

baldy38

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Great, thanks. Did you find anywhere you could back-to-back them? I can find dealers but none near me appear to have both. I live not far out of London in Buckinghamshire.

Any thoughts on how they would work with my system? Any issues about driving the Square Ones with a 50W amp (for the time being - although I don't imagine going much above 80W or so with any new one))?

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi, i couldnt find anywhere to demo them both i am afraid. They were both auditioned at separate places. I can say from experience that the 805S like a lot of power to get the best out of them. Im not sure about the WB but i demoed them with cyrus monox blocks and they sounded excellent. I think you should be fine with a gutsy 80w amp with lots of grunt with either speaker. I am taking delivery of a 550 watt per channel musical fidelity kw550 and xray v8 this week or early next. Ill let you know how i get on with my 805s, cant wait!...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts