B&W 805 & DAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I have recently bought a cyrus 8 amplifier and B&W 805's (by the way I am surprised that people are complaining about the lack of bass, I think it is even too much) . I am still using my Harman Kardon HD970 Limited Edition as source. I plan to upgrade it either by getting a Musical Fidelity V-DAC or either a cyrus 6s cd player. Which one would you recommend? In my understanding if I use the optical output of the cd player, then I'll be using the cd player as a transport because basically it will be only reading 1 and 0 from the cd and passing these directly to the DAC. Am I correct? What would you recommend?

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
burak.oker:
Hi all,

I have recently bought a cyrus 8 amplifier and B&W 805's (by the way I am surprised that people are complaining about the lack of bass, I think it is even too much) . I am still using my Harman Kardon HD970 Limited Edition as source. I plan to upgrade it either by getting a Musical Fidelity X-DAC or either a cyrus 6s cd player. Which one would you recommend? In my understanding if I use the optical output of the cd player, then I'll be using the cd player as a transport because basically it will be only reading 1 and 0 from the cd and passing these directly to the DAC. Am I correct? What would you recommend?

I don't think there is a "lack" Of bass for the 805s but they definitely do not go as low as a lot of other speakers, I like the fact that what they do do they do very well. How close do you have them placed to the walls?? moving them away may reduce the bass if you think it is too much.

I am afraid that I do not know either of the above items, do you listen to purely CD's and what music types do you like? Do you have any streamers or PC based music, if so an option may be a CD player with digital inputs like the Audiolab 8200, you give yourself options fure future expandability.

A

Anonymous

Actually I listen to both. The system is connected to my mac mini and also to my cd player. I was on the same page getting as you, I want something which will improve the sound from the computer as well as from my cd player. Unfortunately, the dealers around me doesn't have the Audiolab... I noticed that I wrote the dac wrong, it is a musical fidelity V-DAC for which there are many nice reviews. The question is if I use a DAC with a cd player, does the cd player matter as long as it has a digital output. At the end it will be reading and transferring 1s and 0s to something else without touching them, am I right?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts