B&W 685 vs 684

FORDFIESTA

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hello!

How big room does these speaker need? i was thinking about buying 684 (my room is 17 square metres or will it be overkill)

(sorry for my english, im from Norway)
emotion-1.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
It all depends on:

What separates you'll be matching with it.
What music you listen to.
What furnishings you have in the room.
How loud you generally listen to your music.

Anyone could say that they'll be fine or they'll be too big and loud but it will give us a better idea of you can provide us with the above info.

The B&W 685's do kick out alot of sopund, go very loud and love to be driven hard.

So do the B&W 684's but again theyre a different speakers. Just because theyre bigger doesnt mean they'll be louder. It means that the bass will be deeper and may cause more 'booming' etc...

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
FORDFIESTA:
Hello!

How big room does these speaker need? i was thinking about buying 684 (my room is 17 square metres or will it be overkill)

(sorry for my english, im from Norway)
emotion-1.gif

Assuming you are using HiFiKlubben? Try also the Dali Ikon 5. I demoed them against my Ikon 6, the B&W 683, and 685, and they were superb. Better than the smaller B&Ws IMO.

They are also really wife friendly... ;)

FORDFIESTA

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your reply
emotion-1.gif

I have a Nad 372 & B&W cm1, this is a great combo. The problem is i can`t play loud enough. My room has a lot of furniture, so it will be a problem to place floorstanders properly. I have listen to 684 & 685, and i like the 684 best, but this was at the shop, a large room.

I listen to all sorts of music, but mostly rock. (and bad sounding recordings.)

emotion-11.gif

Maybe Dali ikon would be better? or Klipsch? JBL studio l830?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
FORDFIESTA:
Thanks for your reply
emotion-1.gif

I have a Nad 372 & B&W cm1, this is a great combo. The problem is i can`t play loud enough. My room has a lot of furniture, so it will be a problem to place floorstanders properly. I have listen to 684 & 685, and i like the 684 best, but this was at the shop, a large room.

I listen to all sorts of music, but mostly rock. (and bad sounding recordings.)

emotion-11.gif

Maybe Dali ikon would be better? or Klipsch? JBL studio l830?

With mainly rock, the B&W might be better. But I would at least give them a try. I also preferred the Ikon 2 to the 685 (In fact prefer doesnt really tell the story, for me the Ikon 2 is in another league than the 685), but you may have different tastes...

A

Anonymous

Remember... The bigger... the better.

If you liked the sound of the 684 go for them. I think your room is large enough... Their more powerful and deeper bass make the difference. If you have the space in your room to place them just get them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts