B&W 685 speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm planning to buy B&W 685 speakers,my type of music is from various types of rock and pop,acid jazz,blues,rythm and blues,trip hop,electronic like Thievery Co.,St.Germain...so what I'm most concern is how does it sound bass component of those speakers and which amp. gives the best performance to them. Anyone with 685 wrote me your experience!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The 685s belt out a lot of bass for standmounts - it's one of their key characteristics, in fact, which is why when we tested them we noted you should take care not to pair them with overbassy electronics, or your system would be in danger of becoming unbalanced.

However, they do like being driven by some good strong amplification - Roksan's Kandy MkIII (£650) would be ideal.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

What's your opinion about the 685's little bother 686?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We haven't tested them just yet...but they're headed into the test rooms any day, along with others in the 6-series range.

Until we've heard them,I wouldn't want to pass judgement - there have been many speaker ranges where there are stand-out models, and it could be that the 685s are exceptional. Then again, B&W has very high standards....

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,
In first I'm intrested for good music stereo system but also what I like a lot are movies!!So now I'm wondering does Kandy III have all necessary inputs and outputs and does it can support all that modern dvd players and tv's with HD and all that latest technology exciting things which they have inside.For that reason do you have maybe some other recom. for B&W 685 other than Kandy III amp. or it is just good choice for music and movies played with latest technology dvd player's.My budget is around 1500£ for Ampl.,speakers(B&W 685),dvd player,tuner and 'cd player' maybe.Do you have some dvd player to recomend which can play music cd's in good quality like as dvd's discs or is better to have it in separate comp.
So if you can tell me some models which can provide me an excitment in both sound and vision world.
Many thanks!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts