B&W 603/606/HTM6/ASW10 Receiver Pairing

izools

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

So, we've just picked up a blinding deal at Peter Tyson on the aforementioned Bowers & Wilkins 5.1 system and are curious which amp we should pair them with?

Our pre-requisites:

>Ability to bi-amp front speakers
>Support for Tidal streaming
>HDMI 2.1 Support for 120Hz 4K
>Pretty good with music as well as home theatre duties

Currently got an old Yammy RXV379 which has none of these features, it won't be powering the B&W set.

What HiFi seem to be all about Denon with their awards for receivers about now, but I'm keen to find out what you think.

I quite like a forward, confident, wide presentation. Something with a bit of edge as well as refinement.

I was toying with the idea of the Denon AVR-X2700H, it seems to tick all my prerequisite boxes but I just cant help feeling it might be a little too little for these speakers especially the 603's.

What do you reckon?

I was toying with the idea of an Arcam AVR390 or a NAD T758 V3i but their streaming features seem to leave a bit to be desired... And I'd like to spend a little less if that's an option, without coming up short of making the most of the 603s...

izools

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
... And I've just seen that we could have got the AVR-X2700H for effectively £400 when ordered with the speakers we just bought :rolleyes:

Better email Peter Tyson and see what they can do.

They're gonna hate us by the end of the day.

EDIT: Damn Peter Tyson are good.

Will write up a review in April :)

Last edited:

monster

Jun 21, 2021
Visit site
I wouldn't buy that Denon receiver if I were you, because I did, and I'm not in love with it. My B&W DM 604s sound way under-powered bi-amped or straight. Caused me to buy a speaker switch so I can still use my older Yamaha to power them. It's night and day, with the Denon I have to crank it 3/4 of the way just to hear it while my Yamaha's 140W the dial barely needs turning to make things more clear. I'm waiting until Yamaha releases it's new receivers this summer so I can have the power and the 4K on HDMI that works.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts