B&W 601/602

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Are they really that good?

I've been watching a few on Ebay and they seem to get loads of bids and sell for a lot more than rival speakers.

Have they just become well know or are they worth the money?

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Yes, they seem quite expensive if you ask me. People like and know the brand.

I was wondering if that might be the case, they've become well known so people are buying the name rather than the speaker?

rainsoothe

The 602 S2 and S3 are still very good speakers, even by today's standards, and if you don't mind their size, they're really worth considering, especially against the very low budget offerings if you bought them new.

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
People think they are buying something special but your not missing nothing. Pretty bad Speaker's for me I'm afraid.i hate the 600 range

They are in fact excellent speakers, although the 601 really needs a sub.

MeanandGreen

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have had a pair of these since they were new. I only stopped using them due to a house move so needed a pair of floorstanders.

I dont know how much they are selling for second hand, but I will say that they are an excellent speaker. They a large compared to other brands of stand mount speakers, but they have an excellent tonal balance. I'd highly recommend either the 601 or 602.

D

Deleted member 160668

On my upgrade path I've owned 601 s2 which walked over similarly priced new Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s on a side by side comparison. My mother still owns a pair of 602 s2's which still sound decent and kick a fair amount of bass, far more-so than the 601's due to cabinet size which is fairly hefty.

Quite a bit of speaker for not a lot of cash if you pick up a decent pair for a reasonable price on the bay or similar (in my opinion).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts