Awards issue

D

Deleted member 2457

nopiano said:
A bit dismayed not to get my subscriber's copy today. It was in local newsagents on Sunday.
The awards issue is always late for subscribers.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
nopiano said:
It was in local newsagents on Sunday.

You should've bought it: I'm sure one of the scabby websites out there would have paid good money to be able to to blow all the awards ahead of the event yesterday.

spiny norman said:
nopiano said:
It was in local newsagents on Sunday.

You should've bought it: I'm sure one of the scabby websites out there would have paid good money to be able to to blow all the awards ahead of the event yesterday.
Its not exactly a secret, is it? All the advertisers knew months ago. But just a bit surprised. You and I could have guessed 80% at least. :)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
nopiano said:
Its not exactly a secret, is it? All the advertisers knew months ago. But just a bit surprised. You and I could have guessed 80% at least. :)
I didn't even know the awards were happening until one of the manufacturers posted something on Facebook on the evening of the awards! We didn't get anything to tell us the results until the following afternoon. Unusual, as reps are usually emailing us first thing...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
So where are the glitzy photos of industry types collecting their awards at some bash in a posh London hotel?

Do they just get them in the post nowadays?

EDIT Just found them on WHF's Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/whathifiawards/

Timpd

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Saw the awards copy in Smiths today, Friday, but thought no , I'll wait another day or so for my prepaid , subscription copy☹️️

Mine eventually arrived on Saturday. It would not have hurt to have posted it last Monday!

I recently got an advance copy of the 2017 Good Beer Guide which contained a slip from the editor asking us to respect that it wasn't due for publication for a further two weeks, and to please not communicate the contents until then. That's the way to do it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts