av receiver and tv aerial socket question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hopefully one of you experts can answer my question...

I have set up my tv on a tv support attached to the wall with the cables running behind the wall down to where my av receiver will be. that is not visible. however after all that work i have just had a doubt as to whether the aerial cable goes directly into the tv ( in which case no problems) or first into the av and from there via the hdmi to the tv... which is the better option... if the latter I have not had an aerial socket installed near the av and so is my only option now to have a visible cable going back upto the tv...

If I connect directly into the tv, then will the av still be able to send the sound out to my 5.1 speakers ( that is, sound from the aerial signal not dvd etc)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
TV aerial goes directly to TV. How you get sound back from TV to receiver really depends on the spec of both TV and receiver.

TV sound could come back down the HDMI to the receiver if both units support HDMI Audio Return Channel; if not, it'll be a matter of a digital or analogue connection (depending on which your TV has) back from the TV's audio out to the receiver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts