Audiolab 8200a

Parry

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I recently purchased an Audiolab 8200a (without much audition). I am using the Audiolab with my Nad346Bee and Lektor 2 speakers. Been listening to the system over th past couple of days. The sound feel a little 'flat'. Could this be because the amp is new or is it the pairing of the Audiolab with the other components.? How can I improve the sound quality.
Appreciate your thoughts and comments
Thanks!

adamrobertshaw

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I ran an 8200CD / 8200A for three years. They are well matched.

I agree the 8200A can sound dull if not used with a fairly bright source, or without something like an ESS Sabre dac between source and analogue inputs.

You could try and PX the NAD for an 8200CD

Parry

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
8200cd would be an option to consider. I think I will also try running the amp for a couple of weeks; hopely there will be some improvement.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Parry said:
Hi, Thanks for your comments. 8200cd would be an option to consider. I think I will also try running the amp for a couple of weeks; hopely there will be some improvement.

There won't be. You might adjust to the sound a bit but the amplifier will not change.

Audiolab equipment has a quality about it that some people describe as 'flat', 'sterile' or 'clinical'.

If it is the way you hear it, then, if possible, take it back and buy something else.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
Parry said:
Hi, Thanks for your comments. 8200cd would be an option to consider. I think I will also try running the amp for a couple of weeks; hopely there will be some improvement.

There won't be. You might adjust to the sound a bit but the amplifier will not change.

Audiolab equipment has a quality about it that some people describe as 'flat', 'sterile' or 'clinical'.

If it is the way you hear it, then, if possible, take it back and buy something else.

I agree from what I heard when i heard the 8200A. I found it a bit too analytical and preferred the sweeter sounding brio-r. The 8200A had its benefits over thw brio-r though, like better grip on drums and bass, and better soundstage.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
radiorog said:
davedotco said:
Parry said:

I agree from what I heard when i heard the 8200A. I found it a bit too analytical and preferred the sweeter sounding brio-r. The 8200A had its benefits over thw brio-r though, like better grip on drums and bass, and better soundstage.

That's probably fair comment, not everyone hears (or reacts in the same way) the 'issues' with the Audiolab amps, but those who do find it makes the amps more or less unlistenable.

TRENDING THREADS