audiolab 8000a or musical fidelity b1

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi All...........anyone got any expirence with the amp mentioned? ............what is their charicter like? ..............which do you think is best?........am asking as some one i know (but not well) has both(???) and i might purchase one? cheers

A

Anonymous

I have a friend who bought the Musical Fidelity when it just came out. It broke when his cat jumped on it, but he claims no amp he has had since has been a patch on it. There is one an eBay at the moment for 99p, although it has a long time to go!

From what I've read here and elsewhere though the Audiolab is quite a thing too. I'm now toying with the idea of getting a few amps off eBay to compare, and re-selling the ones that I don't want after listening to them.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
thats not a bad idea at all, might see if i can borrow the audiolab and the MF for a few days...............from conversations i have had i understand the audiolab has the edge......

A

Anonymous

>>>>>I'm now toying with the idea of getting a few amps off eBay to compare, and re-selling the ones that I don't want after listening to them.>>>>>>

That's a good idea. I did it with speakers and subs over the last two years... bought 5 pairs plus 3 subs over the period keeping two pairs at any one time for comparisons. Ended up knowing exactly which suited me and overall I got my money back and a bit more. Drove the missus mad though with all the boxes about the place.

David

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
i have gone for the musical fidelity B1........am thinking that my old denon dcd425 needs replacing now...............any suggestions welcome........budget is 100-150 tops.....dont mind second hand!.....cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts