Audio Notes budget system

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
www.hifichoice.co.uk/audio-note-zero-system

Audio Note AZ Two speakers

Audio Note IZero valve amplifier

Audio Note CD Zero valve CD player

At four and a half grand it's not exactly cheap but then it's not so expensive as to be totally unattainable either. Personally I'd swap the CD player for the Audio Note DAC 0.1x with a valve output stage so that I could stream my digital music files instead of playing CDs.

This is an interesting looking system that I'd love to listen to. Does anyone here have any experience of any of these components?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
www.hifichoice.co.uk/audio-note-zero-system

Audio Note AZ Two speakers

Audio Note IZero valve amplifier

Audio Note CD Zero valve CD player

At four and a half grand it's not exactly cheap but then it's not so expensive as to be totally unattainable either. Personally I'd swap the CD player for the Audio Note DAC 0.1x with a valve output stage so that I could stream my digital music files instead of playing CDs.

This is an interesting looking system that I'd love to listen to. Does anyone here have any experience of any of these components?

Afraid not, but that write up makes it sound very tempting... would particularly like to try the CDP

Mac

www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Go ahead and try it.

A low powered valve and passive speaker system may well cure you of your upgradeitis.

If I were going for an 8 watt valve amp I'd get a 300b SET. Maybe used. Or maybe a Western Elelectric 91A clone from Tube Audio Labs. DIY would be a great option too.

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard those specific components but have always liked the Audio Note gear that I have heard, and always linger longer in their room at the Bristol Hifi show than I do in many of the other rooms. I did own the AN-K speakers for a few years, these are probably the next ones up in the range from the ones you mention. These were great speakers for what I paid for them on the used market and I sold them for about the same as I bought them for such is the demand for used Audi Note gear. One of the selling points for their speakers (and why I initially bought some) is their ability to work well in corners and against walls, which for many people is a very desirable attribute and makes them very easy to position.

I think Audio Not are a quirky company that make interesting equipment and aren't interested in fashion or gimmicks, I like that about them, and although some of it is very expensive I have always enjoyed what I have heard.... I could certainly live with one of their systems......

TRENDING THREADS