Aspect Ratio

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I never thought I'd give so much thought to those two words, but here goes...

I recently signed up for Sky HD to go with my lovely new Panasonic TH37PX70 (over ten days together and its like one long honeymoon...). Having got used to the letter box effect on my old Sony CRT TV and being able to adjust the aspect ratio to suit myself I now find that the picture is full screen (ie no letterbox effect) for pretty much all the SKY & Freeview channels - I cant adjust it.

Some programmes look odd (most noticably football) with the picture looking like its been stretched vertically to fit. My question is, is my TV & Sky HD just showing the picture in its intended format (I've got used to a squashed picture after all these years) or am I seeing the picture as the programme/film makers intended me to?

I hope that makes sense....

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi Stringer, could it be that in your picture settings are different on your new Sky box compared to your old one. I know that in the picture settings in the Sky box you should able to switch from 4:3 to 16:9 or the other way depending on your preference and your tv. Maybe you had it set differently before. Was your old tv 4:3(normal old tv aspect ratio) or was it a widescreen set like your new one? I hope that sort of makes sense too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts