Arrgh my head... Cyrus Speaker Combo in limited space

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please someone help:-

After some deliberation between Naim and Cyrus, I am about to go plump for a 8vs2/8x+DAC Amp/CD combo (unless I wait for the SE version, but thats another storey). I ended up going down this route as I need a DAC to hook up my music library from my PC (lossless), and I am looking for a system that will allow me to build up (DVD/AV, Power Supplies, etc etc etc) without having to knock through to the flat next door for more space.

Oh and i think the combination has truly the most lovely sound :)

When i demo'd this combo I had a look at Monitor Audio RS6/8 and Kef iq9s. I was cheering the KEF's on as their footprint is so much more suited to my smallish london flat, and I reckon they will perform better closer to the wall than the MA's. Anyway, the RS6's just came across as so much better my heart sank. "How can i convince my girlfriend to allow me to throw one of the sofas away" was my first thought as i just dont have the room to have them 8-16" away from the wall.

Unfortunately my demo salesman had hurt his back, was very grumpy, and wasnt really up for moving more speakers in and out of the demo room ("back a bit, left a bit, can i try those ones....")

So this is my dilema. Can anyone adivse on a set of fronts (floor or stand mounts) at up to £1000 that are not going to lose all their performance when held back against the wall, and that are a better bet than the iQ9's? looking to get a list of 4-5 together to set up demo (part 2) at a new store!

many thanks for taking the time to read my rambles :)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Carl__D"]
So this is my dilema. Can anyone adivse on a set of fronts (floor or stand mounts) at up to £1000 that are not going to lose all their performance when held back against the wall, and that are a better bet than the iQ9's? looking to get a list of 4-5 together to set up demo (part 2) at a new store!

[/quote]

Most speakers you care to mention probably.

Rega's R3/R5 are outstanding for the money, front ported and look good. They also sound sublime with cyrus. We tried it.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
[quote user="Carl__D"]

[/quote]

Most speakers you care to mention probably.

Rega's R3/R5 are outstanding for the money, front ported and look good. They also sound sublime with cyrus. We tried it.
[/quote]

Again, i would second these. R3's for a smaller space, R5's for a bigger space and sound.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Ive got a pair of Neat motive 2s running in a small room off cyrus equiptment and they sound fantastic. They are meant to suit naim equiptment really well but they are a treat with cyrus too - really good timing and surprisingly deep bass. They are also tiny at only 75ish centemeters tall. Great stuff.

A

Anonymous

Focal Chorus, either standmounts or floorstanders, are great for the money, always worth a listen...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts