Archos 7. Any news, views, or reviews out there?

A

Anonymous

I see the dock has digital audio out and it supports flac wondering what it would be like as a music source.

Jettgod

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am on the same train of thought as you, and am looking at the Archos as a music centre to link up with my PC and Home Hi-Fi, and to also use in the car through the car's Head Unit. It must support playing FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files as well.

Did you get any responses, or did you go down the Archos route?

Cheers

Jettgod

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Archos has digital out? Should I cancel my MacMni order then? Especially that it was lost in transit and I have no idea when I will be getting it...

Let me have a look at the Archos again...

A

Anonymous

Jettgod:
Hi, I am on the same train of thought as you, and am looking at the Archos as a music centre to link up with my PC and Home Hi-Fi, and to also use in the car through the car's Head Unit. It must support playing FLAC and Ogg Vorbis files as well.

Did you get any responses, or did you go down the Archos route?

Cheers

Jettgod

The 7 supports both FLAC and OGG Vorbis

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I'm also interested in the new Archos range.
Still have an ancient AV700 player from years ago, use it for watching films when travelling.
A few years ago the screen wouldn't illuminate so I sent an email to Archos in France asking if it was a user replaceable part as the player was years out of the warranty and I had no paperwork for it.
They got back to me withinh 30 minutes asking if they could send a courrier around to collect the AV700 and transport it from Norway to France and take a look.
Sure enough, that afternoon, a chap from DHL arrived at the door asking for the package.

Long story short, a week went by before I recieved my player back complete with new screen, updated software and a technical report which stated the battery was not optimal so they fitted a new one, all free of charge.

After reading several horror stories about poor after sales service from Archos around the web, it was indeed a pleasant surprise.
In my view, their media players are solidly built, easily upgradable and they look superb.

TRENDING THREADS