Archive Reviews

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I know most people would probably say POINTLESS!! but I would really like it if What HI-Fi had a Archive Review section of products. I know it would take up a lot of space but its handy

scene

I agree, and I seem to remember a thread about this with WHFS&V saying this might be something to consider on a pay per view basis, and free for subscribers... hang on will search out the thread (if I can)...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I think we'd all like this facility, but it really is a huge task to get all the archive reviews online, and it's not (as they say) on the front burner at the moment...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, it's definitely something we'd love to do - just as our sister magazine, Gramophone, has done.

However, we've learnt a lot from that process, not least that you should never underestimate the time and money involved!

So although on the wishlist, it's highly unlikely to be either a) imminent or b) free to all.

scene

Oh well, can't find the original thread(s) but Andrew and Clare have said pretty much what they said before. I think that if there was a PPV archives section, which was free to magazine subscribers, this would definitely tip me towards getting a subscription...

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
I support! You do need archive reviews from time to time e.g. when you sell your kit or shop for second hand.

I just bought an archive review from another place, it cost me a couple of quid, arrived immediately as a link to PDF and (something I did not expect) was followed a couple of days later with a list of other suggested available reviews that I may be interested in based on what I ordered originally. It shows there is a system behind it - and to create it of cause is time and money. Does it pay for itself (and in what way) I do not know, but it is certainly very useful.

When you look for archive reveiws you are probably interested in ones from other mags as well, so can an external provider supply the reviews from more than one mag? Outsourced approach?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts