Arcam ST5

Hifiman

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
This point has been made by others but might be worth repeating: if you buy the Arcam CD player, streamer and amp then you are buying the same ESS ES9018 DAC three times when once would suffice. Of course, I realise they are separates but it does seem so wasteful and costly.

podknocker

I have an Audiolab Omnia and it has everything the Arcam CD5 / ST5 / A5 have and more and it was £1599 (now £799) and I can't help thinking it's such a waste of money having the same chips in 3 boxes and most of the internals are fresh air. Very expensive and very overrated.

bristollinnet

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I do hope the Arcam ST5 plays gapless streams properly.

It would be 'unfortunate' if it comes to light that its firmware was as rushed as that of Arcam's CD5 that has been subject to a separate thread of posts on this forum.

manicm

I do hope the Arcam ST5 plays gapless streams properly.

It would be 'unfortunate' if it comes to light that its firmware was as rushed as that of Arcam's CD5 that has been subject to a separate thread of posts on this forum.

It will play Spotify and Tidal gaplessly since it has Connect on both. But it is very odd that WHF highlights usability issues here when it made no mention of gapless flaws on the CD5.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts