Arcam or Creek

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Well i have had my Evo 2 a week now and am delighted with it. Straight out of the box it looks and feels better than the NAD, Like the NAD its fairly hefty but more compact and feels more solid and well built, looks nice in the black and all shiny, remote is fairly solid and has good layout.

From first momemt listen to it the first thing i noticed was the bass was not as boomy as i found the nad to be, which was my reason for changing, found the bass (to my ears) a lot more controlled and tighter and just a bit more enjoyable over the whole on tracks. Giving it some volume with a bit of rock and my foot starts to tap as there is a bit more pace and rythm to the music i find over the nad which seemed to grunt at me more than anything, Soundstage seems wider now than before. Vocals are smoother and richer, played some essential Bob Dylan and there was no harshness which the nad was displaying with this cd, at the moment got some direstraits on at low volume and for first time in a while im finding myself listening to music rather than analysing it

as ever everyones tastes are different but i would recommend an audition if this amp is on anyones list

Sorry about the non technical review, but think best thing i can say is the music is good and to me thats the money

A

Anonymous

thats also the first thing i noticed once i changed from a c326bee to a marantz 6003 , less bass ,
emotion-1.gif
i was instantly happier , not to mention other benefits the marantz has similar to those you found with the creek
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

yep instantly happier is exactly how i was, got some good traits on the nad but in my opinion the creek is a lot better, more detail, pace timing etc, definately heard my quads in a new light this last week

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts