Arcam Diva A90 vs Other Amplifiers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is Arcam Diva A90 a good amp? Did anyone hear it?? Does it sound warm? I read reviews about last few arcam amps and they didn't get very good rates. They say that arcam amps are going lower and lower what do you guys think?? What is the best stereo amp for up to 400 quid now?

I'm a big Arcam fan, although I've never heard A90.

Arcam are traditionally fairly neutral, if matched with wrong speakers and source they can sound warm - others will probably disagree with this statement.

Compared to the A85 I think the A90 falls a bit short, a little uninteresting and dull, so I'm told. If you're prepared to bi-amp it with a P90 that'll be a different story.

Don't just go by star ratings, trust your own ear - make your own conclusion, and if you take into consideration the hefty discounts available, then it's a good, if not brilliant, amp.

A

Anonymous

It's a fair amp for the money to be sure. But Penguin's right, it bursts out of mediocrity when paired with the P90. Then again the P90 will vastly improve any arcam integrated imo.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Youve already got one topic going re the best amp for £400 etc...

The Arcam A90 has already been discussed as well, by me!

I stated that like th A80, its a very powerful amplifier but unlike Arcam, its not that 'warm' and klacks in bass weight etc...

Theyll both drive plenty of speakers but if youre after a good alrounder wilth a solid soundstage; then the Arcam DiVA A90 isnt for you!

As i also mentioned; if youre looking to spend c£400, i dont think you could go wrong with the older but more powerful (and hell of a lot better IMO) Arcam Alpha 10 integrated amp and the matching Arcam Alpha 10P power amp; both youll find good examples on eBay.

If you're after a brand spanking new amp etc... Take a look at the NAD C355BEE, its a superb amp and one of the few on the market that can come close to the Arcam 'sound'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts